The Lifehouse Chiropractic Studio
~ A beacon of health, healing, wellness and conscious evolution. ~
Empowering Your Pregnancy and Birth as a Natural Process - Pt 2
Two of the biggest ways that we support expecting mothers are by supporting their mental and emotional needs through education and reassurance and by the many physical aspects that are positively affected by the prenatal chiropractic adjustment. The adjustments used are very safe, gentle and effective, often with the same level of touch or force that you would be comfortable placing on your eyeball, additionally modified for expecting mothers. Please read on to learn more about how prenatal chiropractic care is vital to mom’s body to support the normal function of both herself and baby, in pregnancy and birth:
In the mother, prenatal chiropractic care:
· Prepares the pelvis for an easier pregnancy and birth by creating a state of balance in pelvic bony structures, muscles and ligaments.
· Reduces interference to the mother’s vital nerve system which controls and co-ordinates all of her systems and functions.
· Allows for a safer, easier birth for the mother decreasing the potential for intervention.
· Releases in-utero constraint, facilitating the turning of breech babies
· Helps to control vomiting
· Helps you remain active throughout your pregnancy
· Reduces the need for pain medication during pregnancy by half
· Shorten labour time by 25 to 60 percent
· Reduce the incidence of back labour
· Help make delivery more comfortable
To the infant, prenatal chiropractic care:
• Removes interference to the mother’s nerve system allowing for better baby development.
• Allows the baby the room to develop without restrictions to its forming cranium, spine and other skeletal structures.
• Offers the baby the room to move into the best possible position for birth.
**Graph modified from Dr. Fallon’s research first published in the Journal of The International Chiropractic Pediatric Journal.
In closing, remember that birth is a natural process. With a little preparation and support going in, birth can be one of the most empowering and beautiful experiences you and your baby will ever have. If you would like more information or some extra encouragement along the way and/or to start prenatal chiropractic care I would be honoured to meet with you. Please call our office today and we can set up an initial visit together, call 250 740 0333. Until then, we wish you well on your journey, and may your pregnancy and birth be one aligned with your values and represent how you wish to bring your child into the world.