There are few things more important in a person’s life than finding their life’s purpose. A life purpose can help motivate and fuel the efforts of any individual with massive energy and help accomplish any task. Imagine you are trying to accomplish a goal such as getting fitter with the purpose of looking better than your friends or colleagues, contrast that with the same goal but with the purpose of living a healthier life so you can live better each moment and experience the joys of life more fully, the first one is driven by ego and positions you in a race with others to have the best physique, while the latter goal puts you in a position to improve your health constantly and be better than you were yesterday. That makes a pretty big difference right? Your purpose fuels the efforts towards your goals and having a weak purpose or one which is not aligned with your authentic self can derail your plans of achieving your goals. Have a look at these 5 easy ways you can find your life’s purpose:
1. Attune to your Inner Self: The most trusted and easiest way to find your life’s purpose is by getting in touch with your inner authentic self and removing all ego driven thoughts from your mind. This way you are in alignment with your higher self and you can ask yourself what activities and actions bring you the most joy that you could dedicate your life doing, these will show you the way towards your purpose.
2. Find out what energizes you: Observe your energy levels as you engage in different activities as this will give an indication of what naturally aligns with your authentic self. If you find you are tremendously active and energized while talking to people and interacting with groups of people, you might have a passion for sales or public speaking. If you do not tire of writing for hours and find it enjoyable, then writing might be your purpose.
3. Map out your Journey: A good way to find your purpose is to map your journey up until now, what was your childhood like? What did you dream you would grow up to be? Who were your role models in different stages of your growth? These questions will open up your inner ambitions and dreams that have stayed with you since you were younger and give you important clues as to where your purpose lies.
4. Is it Ego driven or Innate driven: The most important aspect of finding your purpose is whether it is your true purpose that is aligned with your authentic self or is it ego driven and aligned with your desires and superficial needs. This is something everyone has to figure out on their own by asking questions such as, Will this purpose benefit me alone or achieve a higher good? Or Will this purpose motivate me enough to energize me towards my goals?
5. Synchronicities: Our higher self always gives us directions through the way of synchronicities in our lives. To truly understand what our higher self wants us to pursue, we have to learn to listen and observe intently. Listening and observing phenomena in our daily lives will guide us towards our purpose. Coincidental meetings, appearance of certain symbols in unlikely places and sometimes bewildering turns of events are some of the ways we could be shown our true purpose.
These are some simple methods anyone can apply towards realizing their life purpose, but these methods get simpler and easier to employ as you practice and get more familiar with them and as you discover more of your true, authentic self.
Did you find out your life's purpose? Please share your purpose in the comments section below.
Hi, I’m Dr Norm Detillieux, In addition to running a successful chiropractic studio The Lifehouse, I have offered a number of different workshops centered on wellness care, creating community, awareness of the benefits of chiropractic care and a wholistic approach to health